Friday, May 6, 2011

WEEK FOCUS #11 || Olivia Quillio


Go ahead click on the pic!

Olivia Quillio. I like the geometry of her name: circles and lines. Olivia graciously shared this photo with all of us that travel along with Humble Baritonics and enjoy playing the baritone ukulele. She's a singer and a multi-instrumentalist that has a special affection for bari and the way that it plays sweetly with her voice. I think this image of her on a New York City rooftop would make an excellent album cover and like I said on the teaser photo -- it's sure to be a downloader's fav.

I have been delaying putting together a WEEK FOCUS for a few days because my clients have had a harmonic convergence and they all needed something completed by me this week. I have some good OQ stuff to share and several videos but for now this is still just another teaser, albeit with a juicy photo, until I can break out a larger chunk of time.

Please stay tuned... (plenty more on the way.)

I asked Olivia to share a bit of her musical background,
“As far as my music goes, I've been writing songs for about 4 years now. I started on piano, then moved on to the Ukulele a year or so later. Six months after my first uke I bought my Baritone. That was a year and half ago, and while I do play a little guitar, mandolin and banjo, my main instruments are my voice and my baritone. (His name is "Bari") I play with a full piece band when I get a chance, but I mostly play as a duo. I've done a lot of performing with upright bass, and now am expanding to doing a group with myself and an electric guitarist. I play all around New York State, I've also played some shows in Portland, OR. This summer I am planning a tour down the east coast and into the Midwest. This is my life, other than maintaining my job at a local coffee shop. I left college a year back and abandoned my degree aspirations to pursue my music whole heartedly. I couldn't be happier with the place I'm in now as far as my life with music is going. I owe a lot of that to my baritone.”
Here's Olivia giving a radio station introduction followed by an interview on a local New York public radio station WMHT, Link. Her intro song is her "Easy Killer" performance with song professional recording, then you can hear Olivia's story in her own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment