Friday, October 15, 2010

WagePeaceNYC || A Note from a Musician Rejuvenated by Bari

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing. I think your blog is great. When I first saw you feature my playing, tears came to my eyes. It's amazing what validation does to the spirit. I started in music as a horn player, focusing on the trumpet. After years of playing I found I was enjoying music less and less, even though I was playing in a great funk band. Three years ago my sister-in-law bought me an Oscar Schmidt soprano uke for a Christmas gift. It wasn't long before the trumpet was collecting dust. I couldn't put the uke down. I could practice for hours at any time of the day without driving my neighbors crazy.


Since picking up the uke I rediscovered my passion for music and have expanded my musical experience by starting to write songs. When I found the baritone, I had found an instrument that spoke to me. It's amazing how much joy can be found in a cheap Harmony Baritone. I feel very strongly that music has a healing, transformative power and I believe the ukulele has an important place in the arsenal of promoting peace and love. Thank you for your blog spotlighting this beautiful instrument. Please feel free to use this correspondence (or parts of it) in your blog if you feel it would fit.

wage peace,
Nick

Thanks Nick for sharing your story, I really enjoy your style with this amazing Harmony Baritone Ukulele. I had just bought one with just a few minor scratches and with a retro case from a local flea market for $62. I have really been drawn to the Bari and collecting and sharing have been a lot of fun. Your flair with the strums is what I have been watching more recently in videos. I have been doing a chunk and pick the high string for my own home strumming and your expert hands have shown it off. Jeff / Humble Uker

No comments:

Post a Comment