Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lil' Rev. || New Hal Leonard Project: Baritone Ukulele



You may recognize Lil' Rev in this video and notice that he's not playing a Baritone Ukulele either. But I've seen him a few times in Berkeley and Santa Cruz. Rev has always wanted a blog and I am helping him get started on his own blog, Fountain of Uke. He's definitely one of my favorites and I've posted several of his videos over on Humble Uker. I have seen him perform with a beautiful Bari made by Tony Graziano from Santa Cruz. Been trying to get a picture of him posing with that Graziano Bari to share with you.

Rev just sent me a brief e-mail saying, "You will be glad to hear that my publisher just approval my proposal for my next series of books! The Hal Leonard Baritone Ukulele Method Book Series! Very Cool! I will start this book in 2011 and it will hit the streets in 2012." He's a multi-instrumentalist, great person and teacher. I have each of his ukulele books and I really like the way that he builds a solid playing foundation of skills. I have always purchased the book with the CD's and I believe that Hal Leonard books are quite reasonably priced.

Lil Rev is a very skilled teacher, and his personality comes across on the CD's just like when you meet him in person. I am hoping that the Baritone book doesn't start from square one because his previous books do that for the GCEA tuned ukulele. Or if it does need to start at the beginning perhaps it can be enlarged to pick up some more intermediate tunes with thirds, or a chord melody tune, a blues tune, a slide blues tune, another folk tune, a bluegrass favorite, etc... (I guess I'm getting greedy) HU

P.S. Lil Rev has two other books that I'm waiting to purchase: the Fountain of Uke Songbook (gCEA) and 101 Licks for the Ukulele (gCEA)


No comments:

Post a Comment