Monday, May 31, 2010

Doogey 9 Loves His Baritone (Winin' Boy)

Todd a.k.a. Brother Sonny has been one of my favorites for a long time. And he's a proponent of the Bari too. He just posted this song on his blog. He's a got a real folkster style with a great voice. See his blog here...

http://brothersonnysblog.blogspot.com/
.
I really like the way you can see his left hand so closely. He adds a bit of WALKING BASS to a D7 chord. As usual Todd has a given a fresh bluesy-folksy sound to an old tune.

.
Here's a link to some more of Todd's songs on Baritone
.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Doogey 9, I love the chord movements on this song. Doing that walking bass sounds so rich and then I try it and my pinky finger seems to short. This is a tricky reach and I am going to have to work on it a bit. I would like to know if you're just tapping the D-string and them strumming thru... You're beautiful man. I got a uke man crush goin' on!!!

    ReplyDelete