Friday, June 12, 2020

Tom Nelson Wows the Crowd with some Vintage Musical Beauties!

Our friend Tom has been tinkering out some tunes to satisfy the budding baritone ukulele fingerstyle player's fancy. My fingers did the dance and the tunes were music to my ears. Yes, Tom worked some more magic for us. And how lucky for you that you stopped by.

He has arranged for the DoGBonE tuned bari...



But you say, you don't play fingerstyle? Tom has the chords too. I recommend trying out, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, as I felt it was particularly smooth. I remember the Roberta Flack version from 1969. I was 8. Interesting to note that Johnny Cash covered the song in 2002. But more interesting was that Ewan MacColl sang it in 1962 before Roberta.

Clint Eastwood used this song in his 1971 directorial review of the movie, Play Misty for Me.

Thanks again to Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment