Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Humble Baritonics Update 7/3/18

Hello Bari Uke Players,

I have been playing the baritone ukulele for about the same time that I have been sharing on Humble Baritonics. Lately, other parts of life, have taken me away from sharing as much in the past. I have been working extra to build up my savings rate ever since listening to Tim Ferriss' podcast interview of Mister Money Mustache. My laptop, which was my tool for sharing, dropped dead on me. And my daughter and her 4 daughters have needed some extra care since the man in their life moved on.

But this is not a note that I am quitting HB. Just letting you know life happens and sometimes a shift is necessary for a while. Luckily, I have friends like Ron Hale, Rhan Wilson, Roger Ruthen, Tom Nelson, Todd Baio and the good Ol' U Tube to keep inspiring me.

Ron Hale has been a silent and intermittent supporter all along. He often sends me the best of the best in videos from YouTube. 

Rhan Wilson is a friend and music teacher from Santa Cruz who write a great music blog called, All In Good Time. He has also written, All in Good Time: A Book About Playing Music for the Aspiring Ukulele Musician Paperback – December 10, 2015

Roger Ruthen is well known and revered in the Baritone Ukulele world for his tireless preparation of tabs for the bari-uke. His site, pdf-minstrel, is heading up to 2,700,000 hits. His energy and generosity are amazing. Roger shared a new site find with me today. It has quite a bit of bari-uke content and is called UkeEducation.Org. More link to this later.

Our tab creating friend from Michigan, Tom Nelson, has some new photos of a Bruce Wei baritone ukulele and a couple more bari tunes. I am very thankful that Tom continues to create and share on HB. His latest is Backwater Blues in E.

I am glad to see my old friend and inspiration, Todd Baio, has a baritone ukulele again. He's posting more blues and gospel.

There's another exciting thing brewing, Aaron Crowell from Hawaii Music Supply, is also sharing bari-uke "Lick of the Day" on his new YouTube page, Hawaii Music School. Let him know you're listening and inspire hime to continue to build the baritone ukulele library too! Here's the startings of a playlist on The Bad-Ass Baritone Ukulele.

Jeff / Humble Baritonics
Castro Valley, California

P.S. This blog was started 7/6/09. In two days it'll be 9 years old!



No comments:

Post a Comment