Sunday, January 11, 2015

A J Leonard || I Can See Clearly Now

This video is from BeareTube or Terry C an Australian friend I made when collecting photos of Cliff Edwards on eBay. Terry is good friends with A.J. whom I met when he came to California and visited my home base of the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz. A.J. is a fantastic player but this is the first video that I have seen of him playing a baritone ukulele. It is amazing how common interests can bring people together from around the world.

Terry C is a great fan of vintage Martin ukuleles. I wonder if there's a Martin bari in his collection now? 

1 comment:

  1. AJ's animated video cover of "Tomorrow Never Knows" is one
    of the very best of 2014, HU.

    And, was shamefully ignored by the ukulele establishment.

    His band's two videos covering the Sgt. Pepper album are two
    of last year's best uke performances.

    Not to be missed stuff, yet somehow the uke powers-that-be did miss them.

    Trust me, bari players, watch these three and see the high quality
    material that does not make appearances on ukulele blogs.

    ReplyDelete