Monday, August 4, 2014

Thumbpick Info From JamPlayDotCom

I have been experimenting a bit with flat picks to get more volume when play with smaller / higher GCEA tuned ukes. This video caught my interest so I thought I would share it with you...

Jim recommends: Fred Kelly Picks a) (light gauge) Slick Pick made out of Delrin and doesn't loosen up and has a wide paddle. Doesn't slip off. Should fit snuggly. Jim also recommends a green Fred Kelly pick called the Speed Pick. The pick portion is narrowed into a tinier tip and is recommended for a nylon string classical guitar and I may try on the Bari-Uke.

NOTE: The less the pick is into the string the lighter the approach, or softer the sound. The more "into" the string the more intense it gets. Thumb is more parallel to the strings. Jim recommendeds finding the picks from Elderly dotcom. (I also have had good experiences with Elderly -- they are very professional -- in all of my 5 or 6 purchases which have included two instruments.)

Fred Kelly Slick Pick (be careful in ordering for medium size)

Fred Kelly Speed Pick (be careful in ordering for medium size)

No comments:

Post a Comment