Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Haunted Windchimes || Hour Concert at the Pueblo Library

Concert from 2012... I've gotta say that I really love their sound. If you haven't heard them before you will get a good dose right here. They're playing old-school with everyone playing and singing around a single mic. I had a small chance to talk with Desiree and the bassist in Santa Cruz, Ca. The bassist is a big fan of the ukulele.



There is another band with Aoife O'Donovan, called Crooked Still that plays much of the same style but more traditionally leaned old-timey blue grassy material. Aoife is the lead singer and I had found photos of her with a bari a few years back but only guitars in the most recent hunts.

And sticking in the same genre is another band with the headliner Gillian Welch. Her partner and guitarist is David Rawlings and is a great player just to watch. I saw this video earlier today that I
favorite and will share, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment