Saturday, October 5, 2013

Michael Carey || Don't Think Twice (Dylan cover) & Pono Review

Michael gives a personal testimonial about his new Pono baritone ukulele. I would also like to add that the Pono has an adjustable rod in the neck. I was recently at Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto and played one of these. The string action was just amazingly perfect and the instrument has a very nice feel.
 
I have two vintage Favilla baritones that I love and I have played a Martin baritone as well. The Favillas have a deep body and a relatively thick neck, a substantial feel, which feels very comfortable in my hand. When I played the Martin, I noticed a major difference in the feel of the neck, the neck is thinner (from front to back) and flatter.
 
The Pono has the flatter Martin-like thinner neck.  It is well crafted and feels well balanced in my hands. The fine adjustable neck make the action so easy that the instrument is buttery good in its feel. To my ear the instrument also has a great solid bari-sound.

Now, listen to Michael's glowing report...


No comments:

Post a Comment