Friday, December 7, 2012

Ken Middleton || Colours



Ken notes....
"A folk song made popular in the 60's when it was recorded by Donovan. I am playing a re-entrant tuned (high D) old Harmony baritone ukulele. It was a gift from his friend. Living Water Strings, needless to say."
I had been playing Low D almost exclusively until I put a set of Ken's Living Water Strings on one of my 4 bari's. It has opened up another world for me as I get to play some of the fantastic arrangements that are out there for high-tuned instruments.

My favorite books for high-tuned ukuleles are John King's "Famous Solos and Duets for the 'Ukulele" and Dick Sheridan's "American Roots Music for the Ukulele published by Alfred Music.The later book has 53 American traditional songs. They are arranged in single note melody playing and more complex finger-picking styles. I recommend both books VERY highly for those that have interest in fingerpicking.

Jeff / Humble Uker

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Jeff. It was fun to throw together.

    ReplyDelete