Friday, August 31, 2012

Jonathan Mann || What You Are Left With is Me

I really like Jonathan Mann's creativity. Music is in his soul, creativity is his way, sometimes a bit of craziness runs through his blood. He uses every modern tool at his disposal. And yet sometimes, with his bari-big-uke in hand, he strips it all down and we get a jewel.

My YouTube comment to the Song-A-Day Mann...
"I really like the sound of the song. It constantly makes you ponder what you are getting at. I guess this this a stripping down of our ego, our labels, or mental attachments. I like that you are posting the words and chords now. I have watched your earlier "chord study" videos. I also enjoy the smooth arpeggio fell of the song. Could have use the resonating sound of your stairwell like so many of your other songs. To me, this is one of your tops for staying within a single thought. Brilliant, J"



Jonathan Mann's Dream Song A Day #1339

C F
If you take away the songs I write
C Em Am
If you take away the things I've done
C F
If you take away the friends I have
C G Am
The place I live or the town I'm from

If you take away the way I look
If you take away the books I like
If you take away the clothes I wear
My automobile or me on my bike

Dm Am
If you take away my deepest fear
F G
If you take away the things I want
If you take away my greatest shame
The dreams that soar and the ghosts that haunt


If you take away the jobs I've had
If you take away my money too
If you take away my height and mass
If all of this were somehow removed

If you take away the jerk I've been
And the times that I've been ridiculed
If you take away the sports I played
The grades I got and where I went to school

If you take away my compassion
If you take away my need for love
If you take away my empathy
And everything I am made of


If you take away the things that inspires me
If you take away my fans who know
If you take away my favorite 
Video games and television shows

If you take away all the women I've loved
If you take away my family
If you take away my unborn kids
Then what you're left with is me

FOLLOW Jonathan on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/songadaymann

No comments:

Post a Comment