Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ken Middleton || Re-entrant Baritone Ukulele Noodling

Ken has been a big friend to the YouTube guitar and ukulele community for several years. Now he's helping the group that sits between the two, recently developing a high-D set of baritone ukulele strings and this video gives a great example of how they sound when placed at Ken's masterful fingertips.

I have a set of these strings on one of my baris too and although I am not so adept I really love the sound. I say that they are bright and mellow. They are all flourocarbon (no steel winding), are easy on the fingers, and do not have the bari-buzz that happens with some string sets.

Here's the link to get the strings... www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/pages/LWS.aspx.



http://www.kenmiddleton.co.uk/Pages/aboutus.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Excellent stuff. I am lucky on two counts in this respect. First, I'm currently testing some tenor strings from the Living Water range and loving them. Second, our uke club were lucky enough to have Ken join us as guest last weekend!

    Baz

    http://www.gotaukulele.com

    ReplyDelete