Sunday, June 24, 2012

Emma Dryden || Beautiful Girl (INXS cover and the a fantastic original not to be missed)

The Ginger Bread Train Emma sez:
"The intro needs more practice because its really hard to sing the piano's melody while finger picking, and the song really needs that piano melody its such an important ingredient couldn't leave it out. The lighting is terrible but I like that adds to the mood and plus you can't see me pull those faces when I sing."


I told my wife yesterday that it's not all about the bari or the ukulele. It's just an instrument with 4 strings for 4 fingers, just like Iz said it. So what's it about? It's about the music and expressing the music. Emma plays the next song creating music, expressing herself and playing a guitar. What a fantastic creation, Too Little...



Too Little (an original song by Emma Dryden.)

lyrics

Too little, too shy, too small for big things.
Too strange, too rough around those edges,
yeah I was never meant for the mainstream... no oh.
Dreams are spent and time astray,
I'll do a circle and end up at the same place again.
It's a small pot when I win, and I count my coins cause being common is not such a bad thing.
Shop at vinnies for my comfy dacks, I go under the radar.
I love my small world, I love my small songs,
I love my small life I love being little me, little me, little, la dadada.
Too little, too shy, too small for big things.
Too crast, too rough around those edges,
yeah I was never meant for the main stream, no oh.
It's a small crowd when I play, and I'm just the same, I'm nothing more, come talk to me.
I'm not threatened, and I don't compete, I love listening to hear you sing.
I'm not a rock star, I don't write hits, I write songs for camp fires.
I love my small world, I love my small songs, I love my small life,
I love being little me, little me, little... ladadada.
Too little, too shy, too small for big things.
Too strange too rough around those edges,
yeah I was never meant for the mainstream no
oh, no I was never meant for the main stream no oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment