Monday, June 13, 2011

OVER 50,000 HITS

When I first started Humble Baritonics I was finding just a few bari-uke arrangements and videos and I had just taken a few lessons from the masterful Hiram Bell. He had a nice Harmony bari and I had bought a vintage Maxwell bari. He warned me that it would be quite challenging to find arrangements for the bari but also indicated that it was a fine instrument. Perhaps Hiram's statements gave me the nudge in this direction.

I have tried to find a few good things to share and think that judging by inquiries and the stat counter data there are many players around the world. Some of you have listened to my requests for photos of you with your bari-ukes and provided many beautiful photos. I have also tried to share some books that work for the bari too. I hope that some of those have been useful. There are precisely 1,002 posts today.

It still seems that Nina playing the baritone ukulele barefoot is the top photo of all time. It is such a sweet shot but I have no idea who she is or where she comes from. Perhaps one day I will find a video of her playing.

I have noticed that Roger Ruthen has been adding more tunes to his pdf-Minstrel on a regular basis. He's also doing some light bio info on the charts. Be sure to check his site out -- he has some beautiful arrangements.

Jeff / HU

No comments:

Post a Comment