Saturday, June 18, 2011

Master Luthiers & Baritone Ukuleles #1

Well, yes I have shown off other ukulele luthier's creations in the past but this morning I got an e-mail from Craig Robertson telling me about Peter Hurley having a couple of baritone ukuleles completed and posted on his site. I had the most gorgeous soprano ukulele that I bought from Peter at the Northern California Ukulele Festival approximately 4 years ago shortly after that I paid a visit to Peter's shop which is just blocks away from the Berkeley Ukulele Club here in Northern California.

Peter's had invited me to his shop and it is an amazing sight. I would call it a master craftsman's shop with everything arranged to the utmost efficiency and with a highly personal touch. And it is all inconspicuously tucked away in his barn-like garage. This garage is divided off into separate rooms for each phase of the construction with machine shop precision.


You can go directly to Peter's site to all of his recent bari-uke work. (more to come...)

No comments:

Post a Comment