Monday, June 27, 2011

Craig Robertson || Goth Girl (Band Camp)

Craig said that he has recorded this Waste of Aces song using his 1950's Harmony baritone ukulele, and that he uses it mostly for recording. This song is on his current CD named, "Perfect Wife." His songs are always mysterious tales of life. Check it out . . .


I actually found a shot of Craig with his Bari-uke on Flickr, link labelled "KC Sweet-31" and there's Karen from the "Are You Making Any Money" video that was one of my favorites for the longest time. Is that a Harmony or Pohaku label?

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Waste of Aces songs, along with Social Frankenstein. Nobody covers them it seems, except Craig, now. The band makes extensive use of bari and people should give them a listen.

    Now, Craig does a very nice job with this. Much better than I would have suspected and I was leery before listening. The original uses harpsichord to quite good effect, very atmospheric of goth. Craig's doesn't, but still comes off well.

    Is he going goth? A change of image, perhaps, Jeff? Goth is certainly dark, is it noir?
    Now, this is a look I would love to see.

    ReplyDelete