Thursday, June 30, 2011

Alistair Wood Ukulele Hunt || Strumming Patterns

I just mentioned Al in the previous post and true to my comment it is well worth receiving his daily feed. Be sure to sign up. He is a Ukulele Guru and I am sure he'll read this and absolutely hate that. Perhaps a British title like Sir Alistair Duke of Uke would be more fitting but I am sure equally reprehensive to him.

Well, I want to share today's post from Al because it is universal to all 4-stringers GCEA, ADF#B, or DGBE... STRUMMING PATTERNS. Be sure to bookmark the following link for future reference. (I have, and he even provides sound samples.)

http://ukulelehunt.com/2011/06/29/ukulele-strumming-patterns/

Al has put together several e-books that are of the highest quality and I believe that I have them all. He has a new book available for pre-order called Ukulele For Dummies and it is available thru your local book sellers or Amazon. I haven't seen it but I am sure that it is exceptional.


[I tried to Google an image of Alistair to add here, but Al has successfully remained hidden, except in You-Tube playing videos. There are images of his new book and a lot of images from my GCEA blog, Humble Uker, that really surprised me.]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Jeff!

    Yes, I keep pictures of myself on the net to a minimum. I've had people ask me if that picture you posted before of a kid in a campground is really me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rumor has it Al prefers to be known as the Ukulele Godfather, Jeff. Head of la Famiglia Ukulelia, the capo di tutti capi. In short, the One...

    ReplyDelete