Tuesday, May 3, 2011

PHOTO: Joe "Gramps" Tate

Here's Joe posing with his beautiful Martin baritone ukulele. I met Joe last fall at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival up in the Napa Valley of California. Joe's another lifelong multi- instrumentalist and he performs regularly in Mill Valley just across the Golden Gate bridge from San Francisco. He sends me flyers on his weekly shows and occassionally I snatch a bari-uke shot when he posts himself with bari.

When I met Joe he was sitting at a small table with a pile of his books and his Martin bari in his hands. What is his book you ask? It is called "Ukulele Baby" Song Book and has 18 songs arranged for baritone (DGBE) and tenor ukulele (GCEA) . It is a thin, spiral bound, lays-flat book, and it includes a play-along CD. Here's my September 2010 post with more information, if should want a copy.


Joe asked me to put this Don't Think Twice video here too...

1 comment:

  1. JOE IS A GREAT MUSICIAN! HIS SIGNATURE INSTRUMENTALS ARE ALWAYS SOMETHING WE LOOK FORWARD TO AT KANIKAPILAS HERE IN Marin. We are lucky to know him.

    ReplyDelete