Sunday, May 29, 2011

Humble Uker Mea Culpa

There are times when we write or say something in an unskillful way. I am feeling a bit of melancholy because I wrote something in an e-mail to one of my favorite sites that they took great offense to and as I look back at the words carefully I see the errors of my wording. The internet gives a great privilege to communicate with a great diversity of people. But lacks the warmth of face to face contact. I often assume that my normal manner of goodwill to others will be recognized and taken into consideration but I guess I am too naive.

There are times when I just like to share what I find, perhaps with a minimal comment because I am not a critic, I am merely a humble uker and I like to celebrate what other people have to offer in their videos, websites, or books. So I offer this mea culpa up for I am sure to make more mistakes -- and I do take them seriously.

Humble Uker, Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club Jeff. I have been there and done that! We are only human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks WoodCutter, It actually affected my sleep as I guess it got stuck in my mind. When you inadvertently offend someone you respect and they quickly assume the worst of you -- that is one of the worst feelings.

    ReplyDelete