Monday, April 18, 2011

Maccaferri Islander Baritone Styron Plastic Ukulele


His YT Comments...
"This is my newly acquired Maccaferri Islander Baritone Ukulele. These were made in the 50's and 60's and were sold for $12.95 back then. All of it is Styron/Plastic except the metal tuner pegs. This one was missing a tuning knob which caused me a bit more of a problem than expected. They are banjo sized pegs, but the hole in the knob is different than anything made today. I finally got not one, but three complete Maccaferri pegs that were the correct size in literally the last box of parts the guy looked in. Lucky me! It is strung with Worth clear standard baritone strings- No wound strings and tuned DGBE. Here is where I got the pegs: http://www.hoffmanguitars.com/ I sure am grateful."

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely played. Non-wound strings are a must on this ukulele.

    ReplyDelete