Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crooked Still || Ain't No Grave (Where's Bari?)

UPDATE 3/25/2011: Thanks for those that have better memories than I. Al (Uke Hunt) reminds me of a previous posting and there were actually two -- I guess I was looking for more, but here are the links to the previous:

Crooked Still || Florence

Crooked Still || Poor Ellen Smith

I am trying to find Aoife ODonovan playing her baritone ukulele. I have a CD of Crooked Still's called Shaken by a Low Sound. I love the sound of this band. Here's what was listed in the YT comments for the video below...
Drawing from bluegrass, old-time and contemporary folk, Crooked Still redefines traditional music. The adventurous young band includes Aoife ODonovan (vocals, guitar, baritone ukulele, piano, glockenspiel), Brittany Haas (five-string fiddle), Gregory Liszt (banjo), Tristan Clarridge (cello, fiddle) and Corey DiMario (double bass, tenor guitar).

6 comments:

  1. Do you mean clips in addition to the one you posted before. Just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find her bari here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlT9S5jFl4g

    Wonderful band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to both of you for reading and gently reminding me. I think I shall add a DoGBonE Baritone page for Crooked Still. Thanks, Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may be old news to you but I just discovered that Aoife O'Donovan is also in another group called Sometymes Why and she plays her bari a fair amount with them. You may want to have a look at some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jules I did check this out and have posted them here on Humble Baritonics and DoGBonE Baritone. Jeff

    ReplyDelete