Sunday, February 27, 2011

PHOTO: Michelle Blades

Michelle graciously contributed a photo to share with you. It is a beautiful shot...

I think that I first heard of Michelle's music via the king: Alistair Wood of Ukulele Hunt. I had a baritone ukulele that I purchased from eBay and was beginning to get curious about it's deeper sounds. Michelle is a creative spirit and had sufficient musical skill and amazing confidence in allowing the music and words to come to her through impromptu inspiration. I remember her quoting some Beat poet from the 50's about how words flow. Her knowledge of the instrument really impresses me too; it is really a direct expression of her inner music.

I wouldn't try to categorize her music, except to say it's free-flowing. My buddy Reg would surely use the term "avant-garde." I have created a post for her over on DoGBonE Baritone.


What is DoGBonE Baritone? Well it's a blog that is the un-blog. It is somewhat like a baseball card; I use a single post to feature a single player or band and keep all of the information on a single post. (Information like songs, links, etc.) I currently have between 6-8 postings. This number will surely grow but also each post may grow as new videos are released.

No comments:

Post a Comment