Saturday, February 5, 2011

PHOTO: ChristyLynn42 with her Baritone Ukulele

Canadian Christy Lynn
with her Baritone Ukulele
in Winter Snowlands

I have posted Christy's lovely videos whenever a new one has been posted. The Baritone community is diverse and spread all over the world as you can see if you look at the red dots on the world map. I asked her if she would share a picture of herself with her baritone ukulele and tell us a little about her musical background. Perhaps, you'll get an e-mail from me next. If I missed you please send one. So here's a little about Christy from Canada...
"I grew up in a musical house - my mom was a music teacher, a master of all instruments, my dad a banjo hobbyist. We were surrounded by instruments which I played for fun - nothing formal outside of a few organ lessons (it was the early 80's -- what can i say?)."

And she came across the bari...
"There was an old, cracked baritone ukulele kicking around the house for as long as I can remember. When my parents moved out of my childhood home 3 years ago it found it's way to my house and I couldn't keep my hands off it. In no time I bought myself a new bari uke - one where all pieces were actually attached to one another :). Since then I've also picked up guitar & soprano ukulele. It's been an absolute joy to explore my musicality. It's one of the truest forms of expression for me.
And thanks for your blog. :) --Christy"
Be sure to check out Christy Lynn's YouTube channel, click here. Christy's other videos are clearer than these below, but the quality of her voice and her playing comes thru beautifully...



So lastly, I want to know what type of baritone ukulele you are playing now? (to follow)

1 comment:

  1. I am playing an Ohana Baritone and a Silvertone Acoustic Guitar every chance I get.

    Thanks
    Clyde Ortego

    ReplyDelete