Thursday, January 13, 2011

WEEK FOCUS #6 || Who is ErinBev?


A Student in the Pacific North-West, ErinBev has posted over two dozen of her songs while playing the baritone ukulele. Many of her songs have a nostalgia for those Disney fairytale childhood days. Other songs are her creations or parodies of other songs.

Song 9) in the list is her playfully infatuous tribute to a former Seattle Mariners' baseball player, Ryan Rowland-Smith. This song has been celebrated and shared in the Seattle Times newspaper. She adds, "Of course, my beloved Ryan Rowland-Smith is in Houston now, so that's a heart breaker for me... :( " The song was so good that the ST writer posted the entire lyrics to the song, link.

I surely thought that Erin had a formal musical background because it appears to me that she plays and sings so effortlessly. But when I asked her, she says,
"My singing, hmm...I'm not sure, it's just something I've always liked to do! I've never had lessons or anything. I'd love to be in a girl group someday. My songs are just ones that I love that I think might translate well to my style. As for the originals, they're for fun!"
The last song about Conan O'Brien is a jewel too. It is based on the beloved song. "Bye, Bye, American Pie.



Here's the Week Focus #6 Playlist:

1) A Wink & a Smile (Sleepless in Seattle)
2) The Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)
3) A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
4) I Wanna Be Like You (Jungle Book)
5) Let's Get Together (Parent Trap)
6) Perfect Nanny (Mary Poppins)
7) Something Stupid
8) I'll Fly Away
9) Number 18 (The Ryan Rowland-Smith Song)
10) Bye, Bye Mr. Conan O'Bri (Parody)

Erin plays this song as a tribute to the recent tragic losses in Arizona, "watching the Tuscon memorial right now, and this made me feel a little happier" (with cute fuzzy kittens). This is her first time experimenting with recording different tracks & harmonies (all the parts are Erin). I think this is my new favorite of Erin's music. Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment