Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ukulele Jim || A Song Becomes a Film Video Project

PHOTO:
Ukulele Jim with Lonnie Wilson
and his Kala Baritone Ukulele

I had posted this video quite some time ago. One of the problems with blogs is that some really delicious videos, players, or performances kinda get tucked away. Well the good news is I got the chance to e-meet Ukulele Jim and to find out just a little about him and how this video came into being.
"The neat thing about that video is that it cost me nothing to make. I was approached by some film school students looking for a project to do for school. The assignment was to film a music video that tells a story, and the producer liked my song. So I spent a day standing in a river being filmed, and they took care of the rest. I wish I could have all my videos made this way!"

From the album "Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid"
Written by James Andrew Clark
Lead vocals, baritone ukulele: James Andrew Clark
Guitar, bass, drum: Ben Ticehurst

The Madeline video was shot by Brooks institute Students.
Director: Erik Gomez
Producer: Sheila Fonseca
DP: Ky Schultz
Editor: Emily Weaver
-o-
The lyrics to the song can be seen by clicking the video over to the
YouTube page and checking the comments below.

I asked Jim about his bari-uke and here's what he offered...
"The Kala bari is probably my favorite ukulele. It is an absolute joy to play. It was set up perfectly by musicguymic on eBay. Often times I'll play that one exclusively, and I'll just capo the 5th fret if I need to move back to standard soprano GCEA tuning."
Ukulele Jim, has a very professional looking website that gives a short bio, a collection of his videos, and CD's for sale with his music. Jim has created 3 CD's and the most recent looks like a fun one for kids and families -- Be sure to check out Ukulele Jim's "Jumping Flea Circus."

Thanks Jim for reminding me of your incredibly delicious song and videos. I enjoyed your terrific vocals, and the photo of you with your Kala bari too!

[NOTE: I always hear the best about MusicGuyMic on eBay. I haven't bought a uke from him and he didn't pay me to say that -- It is just the good word going around. Notice the comment, "Perfectly Set Up." That is what you get on a custom uke but really need to have on your uke to improve the ease of play. HU]

1 comment:

  1. Well my Kala bari came from Amazon fresh out of
    the can. No set up, perfect or otherwise, and guess what -
    no problems either. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete