Friday, January 14, 2011

Rhan Wilson || All In Good Time (Video)

IMPROVIZING with the C-Scale

[This is G-Scale on Bari, G, A, B, C, D, E, F#, G. The finger locations and order is exactly the same as shown in the video. I thought Some Bari players might also like to bookmark this link, regularly check it as you visit here.]

Here's Rhan Wilson, my good buddy, teacher and lifelong musician. He has a blog about musicality and it is exemplified by using the ukulele even though Rhan is a multi-instrumentalist. The blog is called ALL IN GOOD TIME, and here's a direct link. The video below is from his 1-14-2011 post and it is about the C-scale and playing notes in the scales over the chords. I know many people that are looking to step up their ability to solo. Here's a great stepping stone.

2 comments:

  1. Cool video, I'm new to playing, loving it, and videos like yours over the Internet are a great help. Ukuleles rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, thanks for posting this. As you said, for a bari, this would demonstrate a G scale, and the two chord vamp I am playing would be a G and an Em.
    If you want to take advantage of the vamp I am playing on, however, play a c scale and use my video to practice with.
    Additionally, I will gladly post some of this info as it relates to the bari uke, which will also apply to the guitar.

    ReplyDelete