Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MeDogHasFleas || Sarah McLachlan - Adia (Karoake Style Baritone Ukulele)

This may not be too much fun to watch but I liked it. I started out playing quite late (in life) and learned at ukulele clubs. Sometimes there develops a strong "club strum" or chang-a-lang that allows one to start to develop a sound. After a while it becomes a bit tiresome and you want to branch out and get a "realer" sound that fits the music closer to the original. This song exemplifies a way to get moving in that direction. By closely listening a strumming to an actual recording. Thanks MeDogHasFleas for the excellent example.


At the last Berkeley Ukulele Club Meeting, I brought a song sheet from Richard G's Ukulele Songbook. His song sheets always have a YouTube video link at the top of the sheet. I have been playing the old Patsy Cline tune Walking After Midnight. So I asked Mike DaSilva if he would play the video on the sound system while we all played along. I thought it worked out really well. Try it for yourself...

Patsy Cline
Walking After Midnight
YouTube Video, below

No comments:

Post a Comment