Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bob "DuhDog" Rainey plays his Tony Graziano Custom Baritone Ukulele

Bob is my friend from the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz. Here he's giving a baritone ukulele a little picking over slack-key style. Tony Graziano is a Santa Cruz luthier that has made ukuleles for players around the world. Last month, Bob had a Vega baritone ukulele that I got a chance to strum at the November club meeting. He has always got something to share and an enthusiasm for the ukulele and outrageous jokes.

2 comments:

  1. RIP Maddog.

    Happy strumming my Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know about Bob. He was a good friend to me. I only knew him from the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz meetings and events pertaining to the ukulele but he always sought me out and had something to share. He was a collector and he liked to bring his latest purchases and share them at the club. A true show-and-tell spirit. A man that I called friend and will dearly miss his spirit.
    Jeff / Humble Uker

    ReplyDelete