Friday, November 12, 2010

PHOTO: Guido & Resonator Baritone Ukulele

Guido with "Douglas"

Received an e-mail from Guido who responded to my request to have Bari players share photos of themselves with their baritone ukuleles. He has a Montana look but actually lives in Germany. Here's a copy of his e-mail describing his instruments...

Hi Jeff,

I just stumbled into your blog and really like it. I have been playing the baritone uke for almost a year now. I started with concert and tenor ukes. I still play them sometime, but the baritone is my favorite. Currently, I have three of them and two are really unusual. My "ordinary" one is a Ortega Baritone. I like it, but don't play it too often. My "working horses" are two handmade ukes with a scale of 21" and steel strings. Maybe more a tenor guitar than a baritone uke. But the tuning is the same and due to the wider neck and the scale, I call them baritone ukes. You asked for pictures of people with their ukes, so here is one of me with "Douglas", my resonator baritone.

Here is also the link to my Youtube-Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Guchot

Regards from Cologne, Germany
Guido

No comments:

Post a Comment