Wednesday, November 24, 2010

BOOK || Jim D'Ville || The Natural Way to MUSIC


Jim co-writes this Layman's music theory book with Bill Keith. It expounds on the basics of music in a clear and concise way. I found myself having a few "a-ha" and "that's a good idea moments" while reading. There's a logic and a mathematics to music that once understood can really open doors to playing without a sheet of paper. There is also a considerable amount devoted to Solfege ear training which should be suspected since Jim has a blog entitled, Play "Ukulele by Ear." Here's a partial list of contents:

This spiral bound book has 56 pages. I just bought another copy as a Christmas gift for my #1 playing buddy and friend. I can say this here because he only plays sopranos and never looks at Humble Baritonics... but he says he's keeping his eyes open for a Bari!

No comments:

Post a Comment