Sunday, November 7, 2010

Armelle0808 || Maelström (Baritone Ukulele Original)

Armelle does a blog called Ukuleles & Languages. I have subcribed to her posts and was surprised to see that she has just received a beautiful Pono baritone ukulele. You can read her story here.

Listen to her "sweet nothings"...


Armelle writes, "I didn’t have the patience to take the time to re-learn all the chords so I’ve just tried some chord shapes I use on my concert uke and made up a melody as I went along, experimenting on intensity, picking and strumming. I’ve actually used a lot of the fingerpicking I do on my concert uke and that gives it a completely different feel on the baritone. I love the way you can play on volume and emphasise mood changes in your music with the baritone."

Listening to Armelle play I feel the emotion of her simple improvisation. The low string allows for another emotion when called upon. Her delicate touch and strum variations give it the feel of a classical composition.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,
    thank you so much for featuring my video. I am very glad you could catch the emotion in Maelström!

    ReplyDelete