Friday, October 1, 2010

Professor Peter & Doctor Dick || Bass-o-lele

I have had a couple of e-mail conversations with the gentlemen from The Netherlands about the song Red Lips Kiss My Blues Away. They just let me know that Doctor Dick plays another version of the baritone that uses the low 4 strings of the guitar rather than the high 4 strings. They call it the bass-o-lele. Here's a photo...


"Hello Jeff, I play the baritone uke but . . . . not as a baritone ! I call it my bass-o-lele. I have the four low strings of a classical guitar on my bariton and play bass on it. The idea is that the gap between a normal bassguitar and a soprano uke is to big. The gap between my bass-o-lele and a uke is the same as between a basguitar and a guitar. I use it in my duo PROFESSOR PETER AND DOCTOR DICK (our real names are Peter and Dick). You can find us on our website www.kleinleed.nl Greetings from Dick The Netherlands, Europe"

Here it is in action...

No comments:

Post a Comment