Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ann Mayo Muir || Crisp Fall Night



Ann Mayo Muir Music, BMI. Backing Ann up here is the wonderful jazz/swing guitarist, Tom Mitchell. This song tells the story of a fiddle bow (beau) searching for the fiddle of his dreams. It's inspired by many marvelous conversations with Alasdair Fraser at his Scottish Fidlde Camp , Valley of the Moon, in Santa Cruz, CA. Hear more of Tom Mitchell's great singing and playing with The Blue Rhythm Boys at his website www.yellowcarmusic.com. Thanks to the Institute of Musical Traditions for including Ann in their concert series. www.imtfolk.org. Find more of her great music at www.AnnMayoMusic.com.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to help further the interest of people wishing to play the baritone ukulele. I began playing it between the years of 8 and 9.
    On the theUkuleleSocialClub site, I teach a rhythm that was the first one taught to me by a friend who wanted me to escape the drab plunk, plunk plunk of the beginner. It gave me a big leg up helping me to feel empowered. Come on over and check it out. It's a fun site.
    Thanks, Ann Mayo Muir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello & Greetings Ann:

    I have signed myself up on the Ukulele Social Club site. I am curious about your rhythm comments and have to find your non-plunk strumming style.

    Jeff / HU / HB

    ReplyDelete