Wednesday, September 8, 2010

washedupsk8 || Ashcloud Blues || Baritone Ukulele

I have been curious about playing blues with the slide. I sometime play around with the edge of my cell phone. Washedupsk8 is a Swede living in or around Stockholm, so I YT-mailed hime to talk about relatives and how he plays the slide on the baritone. I wanted to record what he told me here,

To be honest, I had no idea how to play slide on my bari. I started doing it 'cause the action was very, very high when I bought it. What I did was tuning down the E string do D which made it tuned in an open G (DGBD low to high). From there I just started playing in open chords you know, (unfretted it's a G, with the slide on the 5th fret it's a C, etc. etc.) I also experimented with playing the open G and at the same time fretting the high D string to make little melodies/riffs. My advice if you wanna play some simple slide is to pick the uke with the highest action and just tune down the E to D and you're off and rolling. I hope this is some kind of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment