Sunday, August 22, 2010

Glen Rose || Jazz Blues for Ukulele

These are my friends, Glen Rose & Kim Jorgensen. I see that Kim's Sir Reginald Farnsworth persona continues. I just attended another of Glen Rose's workshops for Jazz Blues on the Ukulele at the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz. Glen has a wealth of talent and ability to simply and creatively share musical concepts in a way that one can quickly put into practice. His jazz chord methods are accessible to the beginning as well as intermediate player. If Glen's in your area be sure to check out his class.

Note to Bari Players... Glen Rose plays a GCEA tuned Bari with Low G since most uke groups he teaches are playing GCEA and the can then match his fingerings more easily.

2 comments:

  1. That's nice playing but he has a lot of string noise and that distracts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jules: Yes, I have to agree there are several buzzy spots. I have been having similar issues with my Bari and I been planning on bringing it to a luthier to give it a tune-up. As I search for Bari posts I notice so many sound quality variations base on instrument set-ups, instrument quality and strings.

    ReplyDelete