Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aël || French Performance Artist

My French skills are minimal, and for the time being I am going to use my imagination and give Google Translator a rest. I will playfully suggest that Aël is a French Performance Artist and this is his rendition of why the Hawaiians may have called the ukulele a "jumping flea." He is playing a Baritone Cigar Box Ukulele. [Pierre (UkeAttitude), if you have anything to share let me know.]



[Aël est accompagné à la Batterie par Loïc Schild. Enregistré par Maître Olivier Cussac (dit « les oreilles d or ») au studio Condorcet Toulouse en mai 2010.]



[(à regarder en HD 1080p en bas à droite de l écran) Enregistrement en condition live (one shot). Aël est accompagné à la Batterie par Loïc Schild. Enregistré par Maître Olivier Cussac (dit « les oreilles d or ») au studio Condorcet Toulouse en mai 2010.
http://www.myspace.com/aelchanson

Cette chanson est un assemblage de mots fort anciens que j'ai pioché dans divers dictionnaires des siècles passés. le tout pour raconter une jolie histoire d'amour qu'il ne me serait pas possible de traduire en français moderne sans beaucoup rougir.

Ma guitare plectrum cigar box est une Daddy Mojo

http://www.daddy-mojo.com/ ]

Note: Plectrum guitars are not-uncommonly tuned DGBE but I am not sure of Aël's tuning. He has Baritone in his tags though. I have posted this before but want to also show Aël playing a standard Bari.


1 comment:

  1. Nice surprise! I only knew Aël for these ukuleles presentations, for musical event, it is also a reporter for LaGuitare.com.
    Thank you for this discovery, he is talented !

    ReplyDelete