Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CJ Hoyle Music || Sweet Pea (1966)

This is the Sweet Pea before the Amos Lee Sweet Pea. I like the way that Canadian CJ Hoyle combines soprano and baritone ukuleles. I like peruse other videos from each YT'er and CJ has several videos were he combines his video and music sync. For instance, he does The Archie's song Sugar Sugar on Mandolin and water-filled glasses.


Along with this video CJ wrote...

"Earlier this week I picked up a new set of strings for my baritone ukulele. Although this is my first video that features baritone ukulele I have actually had the instrument for many many years, and it was the first stringed instrument I ever learned. However, after getting my first guitar I lost interest in the old baritone uke, and removed many of it's parts attempting to invent new stringed instruments. Now, about 5 years later I've finally managed to gather back together all of the parts and can finally use my baritone uke again."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my video, and the nice comments you made about my channel!

    I have actually included my Baritone Uke in 2 videos since this post in July. I made a video a few weeks ago of the song "When Will I Be Loved" which is recorded in a very similar style to this one with a Bari and a Soprano and two part vocal harmony.

    Thanks again,
    -cjhoylemusic

    ReplyDelete