Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Macy Warner || Loveland, Colorado Teen Songwriter

Excerpt from Reporter-Herald Neighbors by Shelley Widhalm,

"The main focus wasn't for me to learn a new instrument, but to have something to back up my songs, my messages and my singing," Macy said. "I think with a lot of my songs, there's something that's really pure about the way I'm telling my story and other people's stories. It's healing for people to hear."

Macy, who hasn't played any other instruments, is not formally trained as a musician and has not had any lessons, nor learned how to read music. Instead, she plays based on hearing songs as they are played and through writing her own music as she sings it.

"I used to listen to people play instruments, and I felt myself create lyrics going along with them. I wanted to sing along," Macy said. "What if I could play an instrument and add lyrics and singing? It came naturally to me because I had it all locked and loaded, ready to go."


For the complete article, click here...
http://www.reporterherald.com/lifestyles/neighbors/ci_31443146/loveland-teen-songwriter-macy-warner-teaches-herself-play

No comments:

Post a Comment